Some fish today to make a quick meal that will not tax the digestion as the main cooking method will be “en papillote” (in a foil parcel).
For contrasting colours and textures, I have chosen cod and salmon. To add taste, the sun-dried tomatoes and chives with be added to the sauce.
- 2 cod fillets
- 2 salmon steaks
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- fronds of a fennel bulb
- 1 bunch of chives , finely chopped
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 125ml single cream
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- Place the fillets on foil in a baking tray, sprinkle with coarse sea salt, add the fennel fronds, tomatoes and drizzle with the tomato flavoured olive oil. Close the parcel and put in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 15minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the wine in a saucepan, heat up and add the cornflour gradually. Whisk to avoid the formation of lumps. When the sauce has thickened, add the cream and the chives. Turn off the heat.
- Take the fish out of the oven and place in an oven-proof dish, without the foil. Pour the sauce on top and cook in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with steamed baby potatoes, creamed fennel bulbs or diced courgettes.
If you are on a pre-Christmas diet, omit the sauce and drizzle the fish with olive oil and lemon juice just before serving.