Not a classic Sunday lunch maybe, this little salad is healthy, low in calories, easy to prepare and provides some much needed lighter food in January.
It does not require much preparation and the Cromer crab has already been dressed by the fishmonger.
The large crab serves 2 people easily, but depending on your appetite, you may wish to serve one per person.
- 1 large Cromer crab, dressed and drizzled with lemon juice
- A few cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small beetroots, cooked and peeled
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- A few olives
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoon vinaigrette dressing
- Slice the avocado and drizzle with some lemon juice immediately to avoid oxidation.
- Slice the beetroot.
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a small mixing bowl by using 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, adding 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Stir well and reserve.
- Dress a serving plate with all the vegetables, pour the vinaigrette on top, place the crab in the centre.
Tip: I tend to keep a jar of mustard when it is almost empty and add the vinegar and oil directly in it. This provides instant vinaigrette and keeps very well in a cupboard.