At long last, sun-ripened fruit are available and can be made into refreshing fruit salads.
For this one, a trip to the market guided my choice and provided an easy and healthy dessert full of vitamins and fibres.
If there are leftovers, they can easily be frozen or eaten at breakfast the following day. Whizzed in a blender, they can become smoothies or turned into sorbets.
The choice is yours.
1 ripe pineapple
Juice of 3 limes
3 ripe nectarines
5 ripe apricots
3 kiwis, peeled and cut into cubes
1 ripe white fleshed melon
1 ripe banana, puréed
100 g raspberries
100ml homemade raspberry coulis
1. Peel and core the pineapple and cut into chunks.
2. Scoop out the melon flesh and cut into chunks.
3. Rinse the apricots and nectarines, remove the stone and cut into chunks.
4. Rinse the raspberries and blackberries and reserve.
5. Mix all the fruit in a large glass bowl, add the sugar, lime juice, cognac and raspberry coulis, stir and decorate with the raspberries, blackberries and kiwis.
6. Serve with vanillla ice-cream or lemon sorbet and almond thin biscuits.
Alternatively, serve with a plain yoghurt.