As easy as 1, 2, 3….
A healthy, tasty treat for children going back to school. Even if they are not too keen to eat fruit as part of their 5 a day, the chocolate should encourage them to try this.
I have used Swiss dark chocolate because the contrast with the fruit is greater but also because it is healthier than white or milk chocolate.
These little lollipops can be made with plums which are abundant in this season.
1 or 2 ripe apricots per child (or adult in need of a treat)
100g Swiss dark chocolate (this will be sufficient to coat 500g of apricots)
1 small plastic coffee spoon per apricot
1. Rinse the apricots and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
2. Slit one side of each apricot and remove the stone delicately.
3. Insert a small plastic spoon in each apricot so that the rounded part nestles where the stone was.
4. Melt the chocolate over a “bain marie” ( break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a Pyrex bowl over a saucepan containing boiling water, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon).
6. Turn off the heat and dip each apricot in the chocolate then let them dry before serving.