1 medium-size tomato per person
1 tablespoon tuna chunks in brine/spring water
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1. Rinse the tomato.
2. Using a grapefruit knife, cut out the top of the tomato and scoop out the flesh. reserve the flesh to make a juice or a sorbet. Reserve the top of the tomato as well, for decoration.
3. Fill in the tomato with the tuna, sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil and decorate with the top of the tomato, as a hat.
For the sorbet:
1. Whizz the tomato flesh in a liquidizer.
2. Sieve the mixture in a fine mesh sieve.
3. Add some strawberry syrup.
4. Pour into a sorbet maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
If you not use a sorbet maker, pour the mixture into a metal ice cube tray and freeze for 1 hour.
5. Take out of the freezer and scrape the iced tomato with a fork to break up the icicles.
6. Serve in cooled sorbet dishes and decorate with fresh mint leaves.