To prolong the holiday feeling, I decided to re-create a delicious dish we ate recently in Corsica. The very talented chef, Jean-Pierre, called it a Tarte fine de Fondue de Poireaux aux Saint Jacques.
This was served as a starter but I made it as main course, so I was a little generous with the scallops.
3 medium-size leeks, washed
250g frozen puff pastry ( As I am not J-Pierre, I did not make the pastry)
1tablespoon sunflower oil
10ml dry white wine
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven at 200C.
2. Slice the leeks in half and cut into rings.
2. Heat up the oil in a non-stick frying pan and sweat the leeks until tender.
3. Add the wine and continue cooking for 1 minute until the wine is totally absorbed. Reserve in a warm dish.
4. Cook the scallops for 1 minute in a non-stick frying pan. Reserve.
5. Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm round oven-proof dish.
6. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Take out and garnish with a thick layer of leeks and the scallops, making sure both leeks and scallops are dry to avoid making the pastry soggy.
8. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
9. Take out and serve immediately .