Hey! It´s the 14th July, so let´s celebrate in true Provençal style with an anchoïade.
This will not take long to prepare and will let the fireworks of flavours explode on your tastebuds.
Gather a few friends and share!
For 8 people, you will need:
6 medium-size carrots
2 green sweet peppers
2 red sweet peppers
2 yellow sweet peppers
1 celery heart
2 small anchovy tins (in olive oil)
1 tablespoon of capers
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1. Rinse all the vegetables.
2. Peel the carrots, top and tail them. Cut them into strips
3. Cut the peppers open and remove all the seeds. Cut them into strips.
4. Separate the celery stalks.
5. Arrange all the vegetables in alternate colours in a big serving dish, leaving a space in the middle to place the ramequin containing the anchoïade.
6. In a food blender, whizz the anchovies with their olive oil, capers and garlic cloves.
7. Pour the mixture into the ramequin.
Serve with a very cool rosé .
You can add other vegetables, such as cauliflower florets, radishes, as long as they can be cut into strips to dip into the anchoïade.
This is very healthy and part of the Mediterranean diet. It is also very convivial.